Supervisor orientation is a two-day training for new MST supervisors, typically attended during the first six months on the job as supervisor. It is designed to introduce MST supervisors to their core job tasks in the following areas:
- MST group supervision
- clinician development
- continuous quality improvement
- community collaboration
- therapist hiring
The orientation is also designed to allow supervisors to start identifying their strengths and needs in each of these areas and to create supervisor development plans. The training is highly interactive and experiential with multiple opportunities to practice implementing the various job tasks.
For a copy of the Supervisor Orientation training agenda, please click here.
To register for a training, please click on the date listed on the right side of the page of when you would like to attend. For additional locations and dates, please click on the 'Other US Locations' or 'International Locations' links.
- All registrants must be part of a licensed MST team or organization. In addition, all registrants must be registered on the MST Institute (MSTI) website and must be pre-approved to attend the training from their MST Consultant/Expert prior to registering.
- Any additional persons attending must be approved 14 days in advance of the first day of training by the MST Services Coordinator.
- Waiting lists may be maintained for each training, but must be cleared 14 days prior to the first day of training. Clearing includes either filling unconfirmed reservations or reassigning the waiting trainee to the next available training.
Training reservations & cancellations:
- Trainees cancelling within seven days are subject to a $50 cancellation fee (if materials have not been shipped).
- Due to potential low enrollment, training sites reserve the right to cancel trainings no later than two weeks prior to the training start date. Before making any travel arrangements, confirm your training has not been cancelled by contacting the contact person listed for the location in which you are planning to attend. If a training is cancelled, the training coordinator will assist in finding the next available training.